Big Chief and Caddy Jack

Discussion in 'Cadillac V-Series and V-Sport' started by peter phillips, Sep 19, 2017.

1. peter phillips

peter phillips Member

Big Chief of Street Outlaws is building a Caddy CTS V Coupe for a daily driver
    So here's a guy running a real Pontiac V8, GM hasn't built any since the early 70's, with fuel injection and turbo chargers in the Crow. A very fast and successful car that's similar in age and technology to what we are all playing with in our 472/500 Cadillac engines And yet Big Chief is open minded enough to play with new Cadillac and LS technology.
    My point is a lot of us need to stop being so close minded about the new Caddys, 1970 is gone.
    Hell, I get called old school all the time and I enjoy working with the old stuff,its me,where I'm most comfortable. But I also realize that I need to at least look at new Caddys. I love the looks of the new ones and so what if the LS is Chevy. It's in a Cadillac, looks good and goes like stink.
    Check out Caddy Jack. Google it,if you can.
    Peter

PJ McCoy and Darius like this.
  2. PJ McCoy

PJ McCoy Active Member

Might give you all an idea of what Peter is talking about. All smiles.
    PJ

peter phillips likes this.
  3. nosgood

nosgood Member

I for one love the LS family of engines. From what I've seen, they are the ultimate manifestation of the pushrod v8. They've got 4 bolt mains, 1 piece rear main seals, and excellent port design and water jackets. All the problems we have with these old engines (which obviously I love, look at my car) are solved by the LS. They range from 4.8 liters all the way to 7.0. Both Aluminum and cast iron blocks. And they get north of 20 mpg, if you're into that. lol They can handle unbelievable psi, from turbos or superchargers. And nitrous, oh my gosh! My favorite part though is the extensive aftermarket. Countless cylinder heads, manifolds, headers, cranks... You name it, they've got it. For literally any combo you can think of.

If I ever pull my 500 out of the 68, it's getting an LS7 with a big ol' single turbo. Definitely don't sleep on these things guys! You may be missing out on something you'd really enjoy.

-Nick

8ad-f85, Darius and peter phillips like this.
  4. nosgood

nosgood Member

Edit to previous post, just in case anyone was coming to correct me. They actually have 6 bolt mains, not 4 bolt as I previously stated. This is available on every block in the entire family.